EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Friday, October 30, 2015

GF Muffins

It is fairly easy to replace regular gluten flour with GF flour in recipes. Just find a multi-use flour you like. Since I don't bake as much my flour goes a long way.

My normal muffin recipe is as follows:

1 1/2 C GF flour
1/2 almond meal
3 Teaspoons baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon salt
Mix this up and add:
1 beaten egg
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
3/4 C milk
Mix up. If the batter is to loose add a couple more Tablespoons GF flour.

I add various nuts to my muffins. I chop them down to bite size.
When adding any thawed fruit or fresh fruit remember to put fruit in a bowl with a tablespoon of GF flour BEFORE adding to batter. This coats the fruit and makes it easier to add to batter.

FOLD in fruit. Fill muffin tins to the full line. I like my muffins substantial.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and cook muffins in greased pans for 20 minute until a knife or tooth pick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment