EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Monday, September 7, 2015

Gluten

The other day hubby was listening to Amy Myers, M.D.'s pod-cast on Financial Sense.

I have been suffering from continual inflammation in my joints now days and have been using 1000 mg of Turmeric each night and Valerian Root for relaxation. 

Since I read Amy's book I am convinced I am gluten and night shade veggie sensitive and if I continue on this road my inflammation could become chronic. Don't be afraid, the used book I bought was just fine.

Giving up gluten and night shade veggies is going to be tough. She recommends giving up three other things also, but I am going to try this first. My chiropractor once said that night shade veggies aggravate inflammation and to start taking 750 mg of Bromelain (extracted from the stem of pineapple). It's my form of aspirin, since I don't take any aspirin anymore.

Next week we will not eat any gluten products or night shade veggies for 30 days. Fortunately I am a carnivora so this wont be to bad.

Night Shade Veggies:

Potatoes (not yams or sweet potatoes)
Eggplant
Peppers (sweet and hot peppers including cayenne pepper, paprika, and Tabasco sauce)
Tomatoes
Tomatillos

I will buy Annie's Organic Salad Dressing for salads. We haven't added southern greens to our salads so I am going to try Trader Joe's Power Greens Mix. It has a combination of kale, swiss chard and spinach. I will add that to my Romaine. 

Without bad carbs I am bound to take off a few pounds. Gluten products like cookies, muffins, and such are filled with sugar. Getting rid of sugar is a good idea also. Remember, CANCER LOVES SUGAR.



No comments:

Post a Comment