EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Friday, November 14, 2014

Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce

My cooking day was filled with cooking a roast at 300 degrees, then made salmon patties. Later I made a three bean salad.

Working all week and limited hours to cook leads me to cook once a week for weekly meals and our lunch menus. I also buy a couple premade meals from Trader Joe's. And yes, I do read the ingredients.

Since I had roast beef slices and quite a few cremini mushrooms I made a sauce to pour over rice.

Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce

In large open pan add 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil. Heat just a bit and add 1/4 diced red onions (or what ever onion you have).

Sautee for a few minutes than add 5-6  washed and sliced cremini mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes until they soften.

Add juice from roast. Heat until almost bubbly. Add 1/4 C half and half or what ever dairy you have.

Stir and cook on low heat for 3 minutes.

In a small bowl add 2 Tablespoons half and half and 1 Tablespoon corn starch or flour. Whisk to get all the lumps out. Add to mixture.
Once it thickens add slices of roast beef on top and cover.
Serve over rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment