EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Saturday, September 6, 2014

My recipes will be a bit different

As of Saturday, September 6, 2014, I have joined Weight Watchers Online. I played around with the tools on their sight and will revise my old recipes to adapt to Weight Watchers Points. My hubby is joining me. Actually Weight Watchers is a good way to eat for most everyone. PORTION CONTROL is important with meat and fat.

On Weight Watchers all your veggies and fruit have NO points. I am allowed 33 points based on a calculations they design.

Today we shopped at Trader Joe's, as usual. It is easy in the fruit and vegetable department. Pick items you like to keep on hand for munchies and for salads. Each meal will include a salad. We chose Trader Joe's Organic Red Wine & Olive Oil Vinaigrette this week. Two tablespoons is a serving and is equal to 4 points.
 
Preparing a salad has changed. Now that we are using less dressing it's easier if you put the salad in a bowl and put the dressing over it and toss it. Then put it on a separate smaller plate. You can add cherry tomatoes and some vegetables over the salad if you want. If you want to add a bit of cheese choose low-fat or a small amount of Parmesan Cheese. Adding fresh herbs can perk your salad up also.
We always put cucumbers, red onions (grilled if we have time), mushrooms, and tomatoes on our salads. Occasionally we add feta cheese if our main meal is low in points.

 Sooooo we are rethinking our breakfast meals. No longer can I have two waffles and bacon. Instead this morning we each had 1 egg/canadian bacon/whole wheat english muffin/and fruit. Total of 6 points. You can also add veggies to the scrambled egg. Hubby likes mushrooms and onions.

I will also have a blog on Weight Watchers site. I want to educate readers on how to eat and live as chemical free as possible.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment