EMAIL

For questions or comments you don't want left on this blog please email me. Put TinCanCooking in subject area.

Copy and paste in your own web email box.
rwngwacko2@aol.com

Monday, March 31, 2014

Non Velveeta Nachos

At work we got into a conversation about what Velveeta Cheese was. My response is, why is it sitting on a shelf and not in the refrigerator if its cheese.
My recipe is about the same as others with the exception of how I make the cheese. Its simple...yep back to the basic white sauce and add grated cheese. Pretty easy.
So no real recipe for this other than I used baked tortilla chips from Trade Joe's. Seems this place is our new grocery store. My next blog will explain our goals.
Stack tortilla chips in layers of cheese and ground beef add:
Guacamole (smashed avocados, squeeze of lime juice, salt/pepper.
Home made salsa (chopped tomatos, jalapeno, onions, cumin seeds, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
Sour cream
Olives
Jalapenos if you like.

 
Sloppy but real good.


No comments:

Post a Comment